Thursday, September 4, 2008

my dearest archie.

dear archie,

i know you can hear me. we've always had that connection even though we never hung out like we were supposed to. i've always liked you. the way you and i love to make people laugh and that short temper when we get defensive about things. you were always the one that made my day.

remember back in middle school with mr. mupas? he absolutely loves you. we were always that close knit family of dorky filipino kids, with ralph and nolan.. gaway gaway. Haha. Ralph's not yet pueberty voice, we'd always talk about how squeaky it was. Ms. Moulton got married, but i think you knew that. It's Isbell now, but I bet you didn't know she has two kids already. Remember she'd bug you about your black converse that were falling apart? She'd tell you to get new shoes, but you had that attachment. I have black converse just like yours. I think I'll write your name on it. Everyone loved you, even if you were getting into trouble at times. It just was plain funny.
Eight grade was great. We sort of faded in a way, but we still connected. When we heard you were moving to Vegas, everyone felt for you. Remember our couch in Mr. Haughey's room. We all sat there with you. crying.. I rather not think about that. You were always going to be there with me Vegas or not.

Even when I was in trouble you cared about me. I'm disappointed we didn't talk as much as we did. Maybe if I asked more questions. Anyways, I miss you. We can get together sometime soon. We can talk at church. Would you like that? Which reminds me, i remember you wrote your a's like that <-- and I started doing it too because of you.

oh man. archie zulueta. i miss you so much. we never got to bond like we were supposed to. You told me to keep my head in the clouds, even when people say not to. It's where all people belong if you truly want to feel alive. If I poke my head up high above the clouds, using a step stool of course, I'd be able to see you, racing in your black hi-tops waving back at me. Since I'm tippy-toeing on this step stool, I'll come and see you later.

I guess what I'm trying to say Archie-kins, is that i will love you forever. your long curly eyelashes, your course hair, that mole on your face. everything about you.

2 comments:

ale tabaranza said...

aww arleen. i really like this one. <3 may he be safe and sound forever.

ale tabaranza said...

aww arleen. i really like this one. <3 may he be safe and sound forever.